This course is designed to equip individuals with operational skills, knowledge and attitudes of Able Seafarer Engine in accordance with industry standards. It covers core competencies such as performing engine watchkeeping duties, oversee fuel, bilge and ballast operations, operate equipment and machinery, operate electrical equipment and maintain engine room machinery and spaces.
Candidate for this course must meet the following requirements;
1. Must have at least two (2) years sea service as greaser on board vessel with at least 750 kw / main propulsion machinery or more; or.
2. A holder of Certificate of Competency as Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch;
3. Must have passed the medical examination for eyesight and hearing as per Flag State Administration requirement;
4. Must be physically and mentally fit as per STCW '95
5. Identification Card or Discharge Book
6. One recent Passport photographOn successful completion of the course and examination,
The course duration is two (2) weeks. (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day)
On successful completion of the course and examination, trainees will receive Able Seafarer Engine Certificate of Attendance in readiness for the flag state's Certificate of Competency Exam.