This course is designed in line with the requirements of STCW regulation II/5 to equip the Seafarer with the skills on watch-keeping, good look-out for obstruction in way of vessel, respond positively to steering orders by officer of the watch, perform mooring and unmooring operations, provide support in cargo operations, operate deck equipment and machinery, perform marlinspike and canvass work, perform deck maintenance and to enable the Seafarer to be safety conscious.
Candidate for this course must meet the following requirements;
1. Must have at least two (2) years sea service as rating forming part of navigational watch onboard vessel of 500 gross tonnage or more; or
2. For holders of ILO AB, must have a minimum of one (1) year sea service on board vessel of 500 gross tonnage or more;
3. Must have passed the medical examination for eyesight and hearing as per Flag State Administration requirement;
4. Must be physically and mentally fit as per STCW '95
5. Identification Card or Discharge Book
6. One recent Passport photograph
The course duration is two (2) weeks. (there will be refreshment breaks and 1hr lunch break each day)
On successful completion of the course and examination, trainees will receive Able Seafarer Deck Certificate of Attendance in readiness for the flag state's Certificate of Competency Exam.